Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Beginning

I want to put my story here in writing so that I won't forget. I want to be able to look back a year from now, five years from now, and remember how it felt to embark on this journey.

In June of 2008, our life-long friend Kevin told us about his successes in Advocare, both financial and physical. At the time, Paul and I were desperate to lose weight. I felt trapped by my cravings and urges, yet longing for help and victory.

Our initial interest in Advocare was for health reasons only. I mean, sure, it would be great if I could get a discount on some product or sell some to a friend or two, but I had no interest in selling. Besides, who can build a business when they have no self-confidence?

Paul was even less interested in the whole deal than I was, which was frustrating for me, but I can't force him to be excited about something, just because I am.

So, we signed up. We took the products. I began losing weight. Paul did the Herbal Cleanse and lost 19 pounds. NOW he was excited.

But we still didn't believe that WE could build a business. That only works for other people, right?

No comments: